March 2008 — Present
Sr. Manager – Manufacturing Facilities
Human Genome Sciences (Public Company; 501-1000 employees; HGSI; Biotechnology industry)
- Certified Operator: Maryland Board of Waterworks and Waste Systems
- Certified Superintendent: Maryland Board of Waterworks and Waste Systems
- First Grade Engineer: Maryland Board of Stationary Engineers
As Senior Manager of Manufacturing Facilities, I utilize engineering training obtained in the Navy to manage the operations of the facility maintenance for a pharmaceutical engineering plant owned by Human Genome Science, Inc. I oversee all programs that ensure that all mechanical systems within the facility are well maintained and operational at a perfectionist level for biological chemical engineering. I provide direct supervision of the facility maintenance supervisor and planner/schedulers as well as indirect supervision of a team of facility maintenance technicians and plant custodians.
- Create and adhere to the site annual Facility Maintenance operations and maintenance budget.
- Develop and/or revise departmental SOPs.
- Manage all Facility Maintenance service contracts.
- Implement and manage the Information Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS).
- Manage and coordinate and annual shutdown activities.
- Ensure staff has a clear understanding of the corporate mission and direction.
- Ensure that the maintenance staff receives the proper mentoring and training so that operations, maintenance and repairs are done safely and in a compliant manner that is consistent with cGMP and accepted industry standards.
- Provide clear direction for development and advancement.
- Coordinate with Engineering on facility related matters.
- Guide facility related planning and coordination of renovations/new construction.
- Manage the site Facility Monitoring and Control System (FMCS) system.
- Directly and/or indirectly employ and manage maintenance contractors.
- Manage the operation of the site Facility Department Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to include:
Spare parts inventory
Equipment history files